top of page

Our History

Our store first gets a mention in the 1851 census, owned by the Newton family who gave the corner its name. It was later owned by the Oldmans, the Borrills and the Elvidges before the Dales family took it on in 1980. Prior to the 1980s it had been a traditional bakery/corner shop, largely selling tinned groceries and bread. However, in 1980, we started to make our own filled rolls and focus on providing quality food for those heading out to work. We have worked with SPAR since 2014 to broaden the range of products that we sell, now providing fresh fruit & veg, chilled and frozen meal solutions as well as food made on the premises.

bottom of page